Monday, May 16, 2011

Meet Yoko!

Hello!  My name is Yoko Sasaki, and I am a member of the JohnC Art Ballet.  I was born and raised in Japan, but came to America seeking more opportunities for my career as a dancer. After my first class with John Welch, the artistic director, I immediately fell in love with the way this company moves.  Every single word from Mr.Welch makes it clear to me exactly what I really need to do to reach my true potential as an artist.  He takes me out of my mechanical, box-like way of thinking and moving.  He constantly challenges me to break the rules, even the limitations imposed on me from my personal culture.  This freedom has allowed me to transform as a dancer, and I am now on my way to becoming a virtuoso artist with the power to move audiences on a spiritual and emotional level.  Because we also train to be injury-free, (unheard of in the dance world), I know that my career with the JohnC Art Ballet won’t end until I decide to retire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment