Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Meet Cassie!

 Hi, I’m Cassie.  I’ve been with JohnC Art Ballet for one and a half years now.  I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona and also went to school there at The University of Arizona.  I moved to Southern California to join the company right after auditioning because from the first plie I did in that audition, I knew this was where I belonged.  Although my journey here has just started, I’ve already learned so much.  And it doesn’t end at learning how to REALLY do a plie and tendu.  I’m learning about who I really am, about the art and expression of ballet, about being aware and sensitive to everything in life.  I’m learning how to truly feel and embrace my art fully and become a true artist.  I never realized how unaware I was of my dancing -- the art in dancing, expressing, and really everything around me until I started dancing here.  I have a feeling blogging about my journey is going to help that much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment